Friday, February 12, 2010

43:365

Ok, you ready? Follow along. Many times through out college I ran into people working on self portrait projects. A few times I was required to do self portraits for assignments, and I never quite understood it. Rather, I understood, but it made me uncomfortable. (that's a little bit o' background for ya!) So, in January a friend of mine from college(and amazing photographer) Liz Lantz got married. The other day she sent me a link to the photographer who took her photos(also a Columbia lady) Stephanie Dana. Scrolling through her site I noticed she has a lot of self portrait work, and not just self portrait work, but great, interesting self portrait work.

From her site I was led to another photographer who's work I really enjoy, but hadn't checked in on in a few months, Sarah Rhoads. Stephanie had submitted a beautiful self portrait to a new project that Sarah had started called, The Self Portrait Project.

Between Stephanie's work and Sarah's project, I was inspired to incorporate Self Portraits into my 365 Project. SO...without further ado, my first self portrait. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Candace, love the self-portrait. You are as beautiful as ever.

Candace Porter Photography said...

Thank You Toni!

Oscar said...

JUST BEAUTY THAT'S WHAT I SEE BEAUTY!!!!